Tutorial for :Origami Gift Box (Perfect For Washi Tapes)
When folding the paper, it is ok to leave a small gap but do not go over the points/lines as the red arrows shown in this tutorial.
If you are new to origami, please practice on some printer paper or scraps first.
[Traditional] A square piece of paper (any size), Pencil, Ruler and Eraser (Skip Step 2)
[Scor-pal] 6″ x 6″ paper, Scor-pal (Start with Step 2)
Optional: Bone Folder, Embellishments, Stamps (as shown in Step 7)
1. [Traditional] Mark on the back of your paper diagonally as shown below:
[Traditional] Fold the four corners to the center as shown: (It is ok to have gaps)
[Traditional] Open up and fold to the cross point as the red arrow shown below. Open up and fold the next corner in.
[Traditional] Remove the pencil marks when you have finished all four corners.
2. [Scor-pal] 6″x6″ Patterned-side up: line up at 4-1/4” and sore at 2-1/8”, 3-1/4”, 5-1/4” and 6-5/8” as shown.
(I marked the 4-1/4” line at the bottom of the scor-pal for an easy line-up).
Turn the paper 90 degrees and score again at 2-1/8”, 3-1/4”, 5-1/4” and 6-5/8”.
Finished fold lines shown as Patterned-side down:
3. Patterned-side down: [Traditional] Valley Fold as shown in orange lines. [Scor-pal] Score at 3” on all sides, stop at the corners of the middle box. Valley Fold.
4. Patterned-side facing you: Valley fold as shown on all sides
5. Fold as shown:
Continue to fold all the corners:
6. Step 5 finished look as shown.
Push the four little triangles as the arrows shown above to their left.
7. Fold the four flaps down as shown
[Traditional] You may have gaps on the flaps.
[Scor-pal] You will have a little overlapping on the flaps. Turn around and cut the little extra paper off.
If you want to stamp, do so before step 8.
8. Fold the flaps back down one by one counter-clockwise.
Tuck the final flap in.
Third entry for Lawnscaping Challenge #21: Thank You!
Also for Scor-pal Designer Chellenge
This is my first origami tutorial, please feel free to let me know if you have any question by leaving a comment to this post. I will try my best to answer.